Magnetic flux, current and magnetic field confusion

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Cocoleia
Messages
293
Reaction score
4
1. The problem statement

Relevant equations: I am confused. When dealing with Ampères law:
upload_2017-4-25_13-23-13.png

dl is supposed to be the length element? Like when we have Gauss' law for electric fields and we use a circular Gaussian surface, we have E(4πr^2)=Qenclosed/ε
So in this case, when we have a circular loop our dl will be 2πr, since that is the circumference of the loop ? Or do I just understand nothing of this type of problem?
I am confused because we seem to use 2π no matter what, like in this problem:
upload_2017-4-25_13-26-19.png


3. The attempt at the solution:
I don't see anyway to include 2π, but they still do:
upload_2017-4-25_13-27-0.png
 
Attachments
  • upload_2017-4-24_18-54-33.png
    upload_2017-4-24_18-54-33.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 483
  • upload_2017-4-24_18-55-37.png
    upload_2017-4-24_18-55-37.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 476
  • upload_2017-4-25_13-22-47.png
    upload_2017-4-25_13-22-47.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org