Magnetic levitation with permanent magnets

I wonder if there is a longboard design in your work that you could sell without the magnets part. The transparent board and 2-story deign work so well, and with longboards, you don't have to worry about scratches from tricks. Have you considered making some longboards for general sale without the magnetic floating effect?

EDIT/ADD -- I would probably buy one for my son as a gift (he's a longboarder at 22 y/o)
to be honest i hadnt, i but with this developing in the way it has i have been playing around with different shapes, with 3d printing so cheap, and the added bonus of the magnetic field that will support the weight will also act like a pillow, in other words, there will be no point that the riders weight will cause a critical failure of the top board because the bubble supports the board equally, that in turn means that boards can be made thinner, havent done any actual testing yet but from what ive seen so far everything would indicate that if you filled a bag with a viscous liquid and placed a board on the bag, the magnetic bubble would support the board i the same way that the bag of liquid would the object, as far as the long board suggestion, absolutely.

<< Post edited slightly by Mentor >>

Last edited by a moderator:
So, i figured that youd like an update on the Leviskate PM, after realising that a radial array of magnets i the configuration i wanted them in was going to cost anywhere from £1500 to £2800 to have made i started to think that it may turn out to be an idea that has zero appeal due to manufacturing cost, then for some reason while i was in rhino designing a second hoverboard it came to me, a way to do exactly the same thing as a radial magnet but without the costs, anyway, basically ill be doing some tests this week and posting them on you tube, the links wil be posted on her,
just as a side note this is what i was designing when the idea for came to me, it was going to be an electromagnet hoverboard, till i found out that if elctromagnets are constantly on they tend to melt, sooo. it would have been so pretty as well :(

Attachments