Magnitude of Force within incline?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
68 replies · 10K views
anglum said:
Fn -53.9cos(34) -20.3 = 0
Fn = 53.9cos(34) + 20.3
Fn = 44.685 + 20.3
Fn = 64.9851N

yes. that's correct.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Fn- 54cos(34) - 20.3 = 0
Fn - 44.7 - 20.3= 0 <<----
Fn= 24.4

Edit: Nevermind I know what I did...
 
Last edited:
ok that is the correct answer

so our problem was we weren't calculating all 3 perpendicular forces... we were just finding one of them and using that as Fn...

however its all 3 of them equal to 0
 
I'm so confused... I'm going to go read over all that again haha..
 
anglum said:
ok that is the correct answer

so our problem was we weren't calculating all 3 perpendicular forces... we were just finding one of them and using that as Fn...

however its all 3 of them equal to 0

Yes, it is important to go with the basic equations, and get the results from there... don't take shortcuts...

the most important step is [tex]\Sigma{Fy} = 0[/tex], where y is perpendicular to the plane... plug in your forces into the left side... Fn - mgcos(34) - Fsin(34) = 0...
 
thanks to all who have helped me ... tonite i finished earlier than usual... i got the other 9 problems sumwhat easily... thanks again
 
Thanks for posting it I learned something too. Thanks learningphysics..