Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Making Laptop Detect Samsung Tablet

1. Jan 20, 2016 #1
    Hi there

I recently acquired a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite P50-C00E). However I am having trouble with it detecting, in My Computer, my Samsung Tab S (yes, it is on). This is when it is connected to the laptop via USB. When I first plugged it into my old laptop (HP Beats Special Edition), the laptop automatically installed the drivers/software, so I could explore the contents of my tablet in My Computer.

I have no trouble connecting the new laptop to the tablet via Bluetooth, but would really like my laptop to see the tablet when connected via USB.

Any help much appreciated,
    Stevie

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2016 #2

WIN

what happens when you plug it into the laptop though USB? nothing ?
    for me, my samsung devices plug into my laptop functioned like a external harddrive or usb... which wont pop up any installation

4. Jan 21, 2016 #3
    Yeah, nothing. It charges the tablet, but that is about it. I don't hear the sound I do when I, say, put in a USB stick.

5. Jan 22, 2016 #4

WIN

maybe you can try to check the settings on your tablet. i've forgotten where to check it but there's a setting in the tablet that choose what happen when connected to a usb hub( charge and do nothing, usb mass storage, speed up system, ect....)
    not sure about the settings in your laptop though...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook