Votes: 14 17.1%
  • hmm... What?

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
. . . . I am always seeking mates . . .
Hmmm - just wondering. :uhh: Of course, one could be using the Australian term for friends. :biggrin:

Erzsabet4
Let me see if I can stop the confusion. I am 26, live in Virginia, I am single and have no children. My cousin is married to a girl from Europe, lives in Europe, and they have 2 beautiful children. One of whom does happen to be God child but NOT my actual child. I meant mates in the american form a.k.a. boyfriend, husband, sexual partner etc...
So seeing as I am not, and not planning on, following in the footsteps of Charles Darwin or Marcus Aurelius maybe we can move on from the "I married my cousin" humor.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I would first like to state that I am not a physicist. However, I stumbled upon this thread and wanted to share an outsiders opinion. My cousin is an astrophysicist and he married a wonderful woman who is a musician. They of course met online playing a text based RPG game but the relationship is as wonderful as any marital relationship can be. I think the mixture of fact-based and creative could be beneficial to both parties. The two children they have together will more than likely turn out just as crazy as if it were two physicists having children, but that will just make them more interesting when they grow up. You know after they get beat up all through high school. As a musician myself I am always seeking mates who are overly intelligent, have a few crazy points, but are probably more responsible and slightly less flighty than I can be. Of course I may be biased because I have a physicist in my family and he happens to be one of my best friends.
Oh yes and for the record I am female.
If that's so, I think you found a very nice little corner of the innerwebs...you're going to like it here :approve:. Welcome to PF, Erzsabet4!

Erzsabet4
If that's so, I think you found a very nice little corner of the innerwebs...you're going to like it here :approve:. Welcome to PF, Erzsabet4!
Thank You, I can already see that belonging to this forum will be interesting.

FrancisZ
*notices poll results; kind of get's depressed*

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just focus on the quality, not the quantity. :)

Erzsabet4
It should only be depressing if you are only looking to date other physicists, I would think.

Evo
Mentor
It should only be depressing if you are only looking to date other physicists, I would think.
Most of the women here are not physicists.

Erzsabet4
Ah and interesting

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Most of the women here are not physicists.
Most of the men aren't either.

Evo
Mentor