Many pages of "Watched" Threads

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed how to manage a large list of watched-threads and the dilemma of whether to keep or stop watching old threads. The speaker mentioned the "hoarder's dilemma" and ultimately decided to go through their list and unwatch threads that are more than one year old.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I learned how to check a listing of my watched-threads, and there are 13 pages of threads I have marked To Watch. Some or plenty of them have become old, and being old, people are unlikely to respond to the old threads. As I think about this, I can choose to stop watching an thread which becomes old, but then in case somebody does respond, no alert would occur. Dilemma - hard to choose to throw out the Watch or keep the Watch.

Likes Klystron
Physics news on Phys.org
The "hoarder's dilemma." Know it well.

Likes Klystron and symbolipoint
Bystander said:
The "hoarder's dilemma." Know it well.
Looking at it that way, I should and now plan to go through the list of my Watched-threads and mark the very old ones (more than one year old) to Unwatch.

1. What is the purpose of the "Watched" Threads feature?

The "Watched" Threads feature allows users to keep track of threads that they are interested in or have participated in. This makes it easier for them to find and follow ongoing discussions.

2. How do I add a thread to my "Watched" list?

To add a thread to your "Watched" list, simply click on the "Watch Thread" button located at the top of the thread page. You can also click on the "Watch" icon next to the thread title on the main forum page.

3. Can I remove a thread from my "Watched" list?

Yes, you can remove a thread from your "Watched" list by clicking on the "Unwatch Thread" button located at the top of the thread page. You can also click on the "Unwatch" icon next to the thread title on the main forum page.

4. How do I view my "Watched" threads?

To view your "Watched" threads, click on the "Watched Threads" link located in the main navigation menu. This will take you to a page where you can see all the threads that you have added to your "Watched" list.

5. Is there a limit to how many threads I can add to my "Watched" list?

There is no limit to the number of threads you can add to your "Watched" list. However, it is recommended to only add threads that you are actively interested in or participating in, as having too many "Watched" threads may clutter up your list.