Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maple Syrup Vandalism

1. Oct 12, 2006 #1
    Hello PF peoples!

Today was a sad, sad, day.:cry:
    I was on my way to class and I stepped on something sticky right outside my front door. Long story short, someone thought it would be really funny to coat my car, front doorstep and patio with a generous layer of maple syrup.:mad:
    I know from experience that maple syrup is one of the hardest things to clean up. The car wash down the street pretty much took care of my car, and the complex custodian took care of my doorstep, so all that's left is my patio. I tried using bleach and got most of the stuff off the concrete, but theres still a lot left on the stucco ledge and my glass/mesh screen door. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get the ant-attracting syrup off my stuff?

:confused: :yuck: :bugeye: :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2006 #2
    WD 40 seems to work on just about anything. You may need a stiff bristle brush to help it along. Follow up with soap and water.

4. Oct 12, 2006 #3
    You need a flock of Purple Winged Sap Suckers.

5. Oct 12, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lots and lots of ants should do the trick. :biggrin:

6. Oct 12, 2006 #5
    I can't figure out the logic in the maple syrup vandalism in the first place. Sounds like an expensive gag to begin with. Unless maple syrup is cheap where you are. And then, so, but what? The idea is to make everything sticky and difficult to wash? You can't see it, but my face has its puzzled look on it. I don't get it.

Anyway, any clue who did it, tandoorichicken?

7. Oct 12, 2006 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Next time she asks you if the jeans make her look fat, you are supposed to say, "No, you look absolutely gorgeous."

8. Oct 12, 2006 #7
    You could try putting a cloth over it pressing down hard and ripping it off... bit Like waxing or more so like nads seeing that it does contain honey. Or you could try the famous bubble gum trick by outting ice on it to make it really cold.

9. Oct 12, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

AHA! I would recognize you anywhere - Lin Chi, can I get an appointment next Friday? I need a half-waffle double Brazilian with a smack-up, and a maple-walnut Thai deep Swedish with a quarter strip electrolysis and cold bubble gum lift. Can you squeeze me in? Please....?

10. Oct 12, 2006 #9
    umm.... wrong person.. you'll have to go to a professional for that

11. Oct 12, 2006 #10

Danger

Gold Member

Naw... she tried that last time, and was disappointed by the results that I provided. :redface:

12. Oct 12, 2006 #11
    Well the professionals I went to did it well, and painlessly you should learn from them

13. Oct 12, 2006 #12

Danger

Gold Member

I do have a moderate amount of Novocaine in stock somewhere...

14. Oct 12, 2006 #13
    I guess that might work. Still it doesn't improve your skills

15. Oct 12, 2006 #14

Danger

Gold Member

I have never considered consciousness to be a requirement for a lover. (In fact, it has occassionally been counter-productive.)

As for the clean-up, I could probably arrange to send over a couple of hungry Quebecois lumberjacks.

16. Oct 12, 2006 #15
    I prefer to be conscious and know what is happening even if I don't like it

17. Oct 12, 2006 #16

Danger

Gold Member

Where the hell were you when I was single? :grumpy:

18. Oct 12, 2006 #17
    Umm I wasn't living in the gutters at that time

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?