Mass of a galaxy without dark matter and with dark matter

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 6K views
"Galaxy mass" includes the dark part.

Your galaxy would (on average) have 4m dark matter and 1m visible matter (more precise: baryonic matter), for a total of 5m. 80% of the 5m are dark.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Checked post # 10, but wonder, has there been a galaxy the Hubble has locked on, that does not have dark matter to some degree? My questions: what is DM and what is its reason for its being, if in fact it exists?
 
Quarlep said:
I am curious about mass of a galaxy without dark matter and with dark matter.I searched but I couldn't found.I ll be happy If you help me.

Thanks
There are many Theories which define the start of universe differently. 1 among them say that universe begin with the break down of black holes and would end when entire mass of universe is pulled back by black hole. Yet the reality is undiscovered :)
 
officialmanojsh said:
There are many Theories which define the start of universe differently. 1 among them say that universe begin with the break down of black holes and would end when entire mass of universe is pulled back by black hole. Yet the reality is undiscovered :)
I am not aware of mainstream theories suggesting that. Please give a source for that claim.
 
That is a news article, I was asking for a peer-reviewed publication (see our forum rules). News articles nearly always get the science wrong. The preprint linked there is not peer-reviewed, and it does not describe what you wrote in your previous post.