1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Master thesis acknowledgments page

1. Jul 17, 2011 #1
    I have checked google and I get different opinions on what is appropriate to put in an acknowledgement page.

Basically, I thank my school, my advisor, a couple fellow grad students, and then my immediate family.

But, I also include two sentences to thank a former professor and a former coworker who both have helped me a lot academically and technically before I started my grad school program, but they had nothing to do with my work in grad school.

Is this appropriate to include the former professor and coworker in my thanks? I think I owe them a lot, but I know I can't thank everyone under the sun and I don't want to upset my advisor if I'm thanking others who he doesn't even know or is aware of.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2011 #2
    Thank those who you want to thank, not those who you think others expect you to thank.

4. Jul 17, 2011 #3

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

You are free to write anything (within boundaries) in the acknowledgement section. I have even written lyrics from songs in my Master's acknowledgements :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook