1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math programs in canada vs math programs in the US

1. Sep 12, 2010 #1
    How would you say the undergrad math program at say waterloo university would stack up against the top undergrad math programs in the US? (for pure math in particular)
    I'm asking because we don't do SATs where I'm from, at school, so I'd have to do SAT as something extra... which wouldn't be much of a problem if I didn't have so many exams at school already. However Canada does accept what we do here (an A level equivalent) and I wouldn't have to do any extra exams... I just hate long boring exams like the SAT1 and 2 hahaha. Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2010 #2
    http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/natural-sciences [Broken]

You can try that, its natural sciences though, not sure if Math fits in that category.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Sep 13, 2010 #3
    hey thanks alot for the reply man... and yeah I guess that helped for comparison.. but I also want to look at it from specifically a math program perspective and also I find it hard to make decisions based on rankings too.. thanks again for the reply I really appreciate it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook