Maxwell3D Error -- Unable to locate COM Engine on 'Local Machine'

In summary, the speaker is experiencing an error in ANSYS while trying to solve an induction problem in Maxwell3D. They have previously solved this problem before and are unsure why they are getting an error now. They are using ANSYS Suite 2020 R1 and are seeking a solution.
TiGuru22
TL;DR Summary
Getting an error in ANSYS I haven't seen before and do not know why?
I am attempting to solve a rather simple induction problem in Maxwell3D that I have solved before. But this time when I run it I am getting this error and can not seem to find a solution in ANSYS? I am running ANSYS Suite 2020 R1
1611006097771.png

Thank you in advance if anyone has a possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
TiGuru22 said:
Summary:: Getting an error in ANSYS I haven't seen before and do not know why?

I am attempting to solve a rather simple induction problem in Maxwell3D that I have solved before. But this time when I run it I am getting this error and can not seem to find a solution in ANSYS? I am running ANSYS Suite 2020 R1
View attachment 276444

Thank you in advance if anyone has a possible.
Did you ever get this figured out? I've had the same problem and don't know why.

1. What does the error "Maxwell3D Error -- Unable to locate COM Engine on 'Local Machine'" mean?

This error means that the software is unable to find the necessary component, called the COM Engine, on your local machine. This component is essential for the software to function properly.

2. Why am I getting this error when trying to run Maxwell3D?

This error can occur if the COM Engine is missing or corrupted on your local machine. It can also happen if there is a compatibility issue with your operating system or if the software is not installed correctly.

3. How can I fix this error?

To fix this error, you can try reinstalling the software to ensure that the COM Engine is properly installed. You can also check for any updates or patches for the software that may address compatibility issues. If the problem persists, you may need to contact technical support for further assistance.

4. Can I still use Maxwell3D without the COM Engine?

No, the COM Engine is a crucial component for the software to function properly. Without it, the software will not be able to perform its intended functions.

5. How can I prevent this error from happening in the future?

To prevent this error, make sure to regularly update your software and operating system to ensure compatibility. Also, be sure to follow the correct installation process and check for any missing components before running the software.