Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Measurements of the Self-Interaction of the Higgs

1. Nov 23, 2017 #1
    Hello Everyone, Hope you are all enjoying learning more and more about this wonderful world of Physics!

Is it that I am missing something somewhere, but when I searched the ATLAS site to find out what experiments were planned to measure the self-interaction of the Higgs, I could see nothing! It all seems to be about verifying supersymmetry and other new theories. One would think that knowing the self-interaction of the Higgs would signal new physics definitely if it were different from that which is predicted. It would be good to hear from a senior academic on this.

Best wishes and keep on exploring the frontiers!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2017 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

See PRD94 052002 (2016), PRD92 092004 (2015) and EPJC 75:412 (2015)

4. Nov 26, 2017 #3
    Thanks very much! Would be most grateful if you could tell me how to locate those references. Best wishes.

5. Nov 26, 2017 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There is this thing called "Google". If you go to www.google.com and put in "PRD94 052002 (2016)", for example, it will return the link to the paper. It's really remarkable.

6. Nov 27, 2017 #5

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

7. Nov 27, 2017 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

All LHC papers are freely available from the publishers, not just the arXiv.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted