Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Measurement of the Higgs Self Interaction

1. Sep 3, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone. What measurements have been done of the Higgs self-interaction? If nothing has been done yet, what are the relevant groups and research articles describing the progress of work in this direction? If this has been done, I would love to know the references. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

DId you check the public pages of ATLAS and CMS? They have the best studies of Higgs self-interaction so far. It has not been discovered yet, if it is SM-like the experiments will need huge datasets (hundreds of 1/fb) to have a chance to see it.

4. Sep 3, 2016 #3
    Thanks! You've said it all and I will indeed have a look at the public pages of ATLAS and CMS which I did encounter recently. Again, thanks.

5. Sep 7, 2016 #4

ohwilleke

Gold Member

A recent paper discussing strategies to measure the Higgs self-coupling at LHC which are currently in the works is at: http://arxiv.org/abs/1607.04251

The guts of this analysis as discussed in the introduction are as follows:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted