Mechanical Simulation Programs?

• Thread starter error404
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Mechanical Simulation Programs??

Hello

i would like to know what is the best program for mechanical simulation, and the easiest one to learn and get used to (price doesnt really matter for now)
the systems i want to test contain gears, springs, cranes and some pulleys
all are simple mechanics as u can see, i need a good program to make calculations of force to be gievn into and out from the system, friction and some other forces.

Note: i am not a mechanical engineer, thats why i want a simple porgam yet, very efficient!

thanks
-Error404

Answers and Replies

Hello

i would like to know what is the best program for mechanical simulation, and the easiest one to learn and get used to (price doesnt really matter for now)
the systems i want to test contain gears, springs, cranes and some pulleys
all are simple mechanics as u can see, i need a good program to make calculations of force to be gievn into and out from the system, friction and some other forces.

Note: i am not a mechanical engineer, thats why i want a simple porgam yet, very efficient!

thanks
-Error404
Well I am really partial to ProEngineer/Mechanica, I have always really liked the way the whole suite works

Pro E + Mechanica, or Solidworks + Cosmos are ok, but you'll have to put in your time setting up the model.

those "Simple" mechanics can be a lot of work to setup in a simulation.

not trying to be a jerk, just beware that you will get out what you put in.

If there was a simple way to do this, it'd be pretty awesome. The insight link looks decent.