Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner

In summary, the person is looking for a website or solution manual that has answers for the book they are using in their Mechanics of Solids course. They have searched online and asked their college library and instructor, but have not been successful. They are urgently looking for a way to compare their answers and prepare for their upcoming exams. The suggestion to check with the publisher is also mentioned.
i.mehrzad
We have this book as a text for oour Mechanics of Solids Course. I have solved many sums from the book but i don't have any place to compare the answers i have got with. Have hunted the net for the net but to no avail.

Can anyone help me with a website which has atleast the answers of the sums of the book, this will enable me to realize whether i am going on the right track and thinking in the right direction.

Thanking you,
Mehrzad.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Would the answers not be in the back of the book?

search for the solution manual(ebook maybe)

The back of the book has only a few answers and not all. That is not enough for my practice for my examination. I definitely need to tally my answers to something more.

My consulted my college library which didn't seem to have it. I also spoke to the Instructor in charge for the subject and he doesn't have the manual.

Anyone please help,
This is kind off urgent. My examination's are arriving soon.

Perhaps check with the publisher that an answer book exists at all? If it does they'll know who stocks them.

What is "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" all about?

"Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" is a textbook that covers the fundamental principles and concepts of mechanics of solids. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the behavior of solid materials under different loading conditions and their applications in engineering and science.

Who are the authors of "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner"?

The authors of "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" are William F. Riley, Leroy D. Sturges, and Don H. Morris.

Is this textbook suitable for beginners in mechanics of solids?

"Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" is a comprehensive textbook that covers the fundamentals of mechanics of solids. It is suitable for students with a basic understanding of mechanics and mathematics. However, it may be challenging for complete beginners without any prior knowledge of mechanics.

What are the main topics covered in "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner"?

"Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" covers a wide range of topics including stress, strain, torsion, bending, and buckling of structural members. It also includes topics such as energy methods, statically indeterminate systems, and elastic and plastic behavior of materials.

Is "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" suitable for self-study?

Yes, "Mechanics of Solids - Crandall,Dahl, Lardner" can be used for self-study. It provides clear explanations, examples, and practice problems to help students understand the concepts and principles of mechanics of solids. However, it is recommended to also seek guidance from a qualified instructor for a better understanding of the subject.