1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanics & physics,can anyone explain the scenarios?Very practical Questions?

1. Jan 17, 2009 #1
    Mechanics & physics,can anyone plz explain the scenarios?Very practical Questions?

Hi...Can anyone please be kind enough to help me? i know it will take a bit longer for u to answer. I have some scenarios and questions in the following pages:

http://www.geocities.com/flabberguest_gabcraft/pg1.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/flabberguest_gabcraft/pg2.jpg

These are related to physics & mechanical aptitude test. I know the answers but i am not able to explain them with the help of theories. Can anyone please help me explain these situations. Please take a look it is interesting thanks in advance ...
    for assistance I'm providing the Answers:
    Q1 = A
    Q2 = B
    Q3 = A
    Q4 = dont know
    Q5 = A
    Q6 = B
    Q7 = dont know
    Q8 = B
    Q9 = dont know

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2009 #2
    Re: Mechanics & physics,can anyone plz explain the scenarios?Very practical Questions

I think that Q4 = C because the the magnetic field which is induced by the current flowing in the wire is not in any of the direction described in A or B (It is actually normal to the plane of the screen.
    Also, Q3 = A because the torque of a force acting at a larger distance from the center of rotation is larger than one acting close to the center, that is torque = F x r where r is the distance from the center and x is a cross product.
    Also Q8=B because saw dust is more thermally insulating than air, I suppose.

4. Jan 17, 2009 #3
    Re: Mechanics & physics,can anyone plz explain the scenarios?Very practical Questions

Question 9 is A since three points define a plane. More than that and you will have at least one leg off the floor on uneven ground.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?