Mechanisms + Acceleration Diagram

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with understanding the second part of an exam question involving the acceleration of point A and the angular velocity and acceleration of a disk. They are given advice to use the same method as the first part and to consult course notes or textbook for the formulas. They thank the person and ask for clarification on how to draw the resultant line for each link to create an acceleration diagram.
cjh200
Studying for my exams I came across this from a previous exam. I could do part i but could not do the second part. If someone could explain how to or provide their working would be appreciated and for part i their working to compare. Thanks for the time.

Attachments

• IMG212.jpg
    IMG212.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 341
Engineering news on Phys.org
There are two components of the acceleration of point A. The angular velocity of the disk causes an acceleration towards the center of the circle. The angular accleration of the disk causes an accleration along the tangent to the circle.

Once you have the angular accleration vector, use the same method as for the first part.

If you don't know the formulas for the components of the accleration, check your course notes or textbook.

Thanks and got that sorted. Is it just a matter of drawing the resultant line for each link and then combing to make the acceleration diagram??

What is a mechanism?

A mechanism is a device or system that is designed to perform a specific function by converting motion or force from one form to another.

What is an acceleration diagram?

An acceleration diagram is a graphical representation of the acceleration of a body or system over time or distance. It is typically shown as a vector diagram with the magnitude and direction of acceleration indicated.

How are mechanisms and acceleration diagrams related?

Mechanisms and acceleration diagrams are closely related because mechanisms are often used to create motion, which can be represented by acceleration diagrams. The mechanisms themselves are often designed and analyzed using acceleration diagrams to determine the forces and accelerations acting on different parts of the system.

What is the purpose of an acceleration diagram?

The purpose of an acceleration diagram is to visually represent the acceleration of a body or system, which can help engineers and scientists understand and analyze the motion and forces involved in a particular mechanism or system.

What types of mechanisms can be represented by acceleration diagrams?

Acceleration diagrams can be used to represent any type of mechanism that involves motion or force, including simple machines, gears, linkages, and more complex systems such as engines and robots. They are particularly useful for analyzing mechanisms with multiple moving parts.