1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Mechatronics vs Materials science, which course first?

1. May 30, 2017 #1
    I have the choice of 6ECTS, and I will use it on either a Mechatronics course or a Materials Science course.

My field is biomedical engineering, which course would you recommend, does either of the courses pre-requisites the other?

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you want to do in Biomedical Engineering? I really enjoyed my Material Science class in Undergrad -- I would think it would prove more generally useful in your future work than Mechatronics, but it depends on what you want to specialize in going forward, IMO.

4. May 30, 2017 #3
    -I am focused on electronics instrumentation/biochemistry. I am also taking some biochem courses and I am interested in doing research in mol biology and on the micro level.

-I already know the teacher in mechatronics so I feel I might get a letter of recommendation from there(graduate studies).

-I am not interested at all in biomechanics and they bore me

-mechatronics/robotics do interest me though and I have been doing some hobby projects.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted