Metal detectors for searching metals in the ground

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
m82
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Metal detectors for searching metals in the ground

How they work in one sentence explanation?

and second,
I've seen some frequency of about 8 kHz mentioned,could that be any possible health risk?

Please discuss, thanks.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
m82 said:
Metal detectors for searching metals in the ground

How they work in one sentence explanation?

and second,
I've seen some frequency of about 8 kHz mentioned,could that be any possible health risk?

Please discuss, thanks.

Welcome to the PF.

You can find that info with just a little searching via Google or other similar websites. Here is a basic introduction with other links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_detector

Let us know if you have any specific technical questions after you read the introductory material.
 
The only health risk is that you can get run over by cars while not paying attention to where you are walking.

I'm totally serious.

That and a bad sunburn on the back of your neck.
 
admin Borek you can easily delete this whole thread, no problem

regards
 
Last edited:
m82 said:
i'd like to ask also what would be the most important characteristic/function of a metal detector?

Why do I have a feeling you are trolling?