Microsoft Word 2007 and equation tool

• Thread starter shouga
  • Start date
In summary, the equation tools in Microsoft Word 2007 are only for display purposes and cannot perform calculations. To calculate, Microsoft Excel would be a better option. You can copy and paste your data from Word to Excel or insert an Excel spreadsheet as an object into your Word document.
shouga
How can I calculate the avreage in Microsoft Word 2007,,

and is the equation tools only for the apperance or it can calculate!

Computer science news on Phys.org
shouga said:
How can I calculate the avreage in Microsoft Word 2007,,

and is the equation tools only for the apperance or it can calculate!

I don't know about 2007 but its just there to present maths in word documents and doesn't really calculate. Microsoft Excel can calculate stuff.

:)

Thank you for your reply

The equation tools are for display [and re-editing] only. As mentioned, Excel can calculate. I guess you could embed an Excel spreadsheet in your Word document. You might also try writing a VBA script in Word.

Thank you robphy,
do you know how to do it? I'll appreciate if you can help me

How about inserting the spreadsheet as an object into word...

What is Microsoft Word 2007?

Microsoft Word 2007 is a word processing software developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite and allows users to create and edit documents using various formatting tools.

What is the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007?

The equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007 is a feature that allows users to insert mathematical equations and symbols into their documents. This tool is especially useful for students, teachers, and professionals who need to include mathematical equations in their work.

How do I access the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007?

To access the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007, click on the "Insert" tab and then click on the "Equation" button. This will open the equation editor where you can insert and edit equations.

Can I customize the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007?

Yes, you can customize the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007 by changing the font, size, and style of the equations. You can also add your own custom equations to the equation library for easy access.

Are there any keyboard shortcuts for using the equation tool in Microsoft Word 2007?

Yes, there are several keyboard shortcuts that can be used to access the equation tool and perform various functions within it. Some examples include "Alt+=" to insert a new equation, "Ctrl+Shift+F" to change the font, and "Ctrl+Shift+=" to add a subscript. You can find a full list of keyboard shortcuts in the Microsoft Word 2007 help menu.