Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticle

1. Dec 26, 2017 #1
    Hi .how can i calculate the molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticles ? shoud i have to calculate? or these parameters is available in tables or sth?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2017 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry but I don't understand what you are really asking about in your question .

Are you possibly asking about the properties of a fluid containing a suspension of nanoparticles ?

4. Dec 28, 2017 #3
    No,Nanoparticles are in pure state and they want to absorb asphaltene dissolved in toluene. I want to have data on molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticles in pure state (i.e. before absorption)

5. Jan 15, 2018 at 5:14 AM #4
    As far as Surface tension is concerned,It is a concept that is applicable only to surfaces that separate two fluids.There is no such thing applicable for solids.However,you can find the ST of a nano-fluid once you suspend the particles in the fluid.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted