1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Molecular nutrition- health and desease- any good books?

1. Mar 23, 2014 #1
    Hi, I'm very interested in understanding how molecules in nutrition play a role in sustaining the human body so I'm looking for some good chemistry/molecular nutrition book describing some of the following:

*The chemical and metabolic pathways taking place in the body (such as glykolysis, eye pigment synthesis, bone formation etc.)
    *What role vitamins and minerals play in the body.
    *Human physicology/biochemistry which is required to get a good picture of some important chemical processees taking place in the body.
    * A book desribing the physiology of human diesease how it impairs the body to function properly.

I'd love for the book to include a good amount of figures, and of course to be scientific - not stating unproven theories as facts but as a suggestion.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2014 #2
    Sounds like you want an intro Biochemistry text (there is a free one, Stryer I think, online at the National Library of Medicine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/) and a Physiology text. You can try to look for a Physiology text at the link above but I don't know of one off hand. For my Anatomy & Physiology course we used Saladin (I think). This was 6 years ago and I don't have the book in my tiny apartment so I can't say for sure. But I do remember it as a good book, clear and concise with good figures etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted