Molecular nutrition- health and desease- any good books?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
christian0710
Messages
407
Reaction score
8
Hi, I'm very interested in understanding how molecules in nutrition play a role in sustaining the human body so I'm looking for some good chemistry/molecular nutrition book describing some of the following:

*The chemical and metabolic pathways taking place in the body (such as glykolysis, eye pigment synthesis, bone formation etc.)
*What role vitamins and minerals play in the body.
*Human physicology/biochemistry which is required to get a good picture of some important chemical processees taking place in the body.
* A book desribing the physiology of human diesease how it impairs the body to function properly.


I'd love for the book to include a good amount of figures, and of course to be scientific - not stating unproven theories as facts but as a suggestion.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like you want an intro Biochemistry text (there is a free one, Stryer I think, online at the National Library of Medicine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/) and a Physiology text. You can try to look for a Physiology text at the link above but I don't know of one off hand. For my Anatomy & Physiology course we used Saladin (I think). This was 6 years ago and I don't have the book in my tiny apartment so I can't say for sure. But I do remember it as a good book, clear and concise with good figures etc.