Morning images of Tropical Storm Michael

In summary: He gets right up close and personal with the storms, and he's even been struck by lightning twice!In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of weather updates for Hurricane Michael. Dave provided some helpful information and a link for tracking the storm's progress. He also mentioned the possibility of storm chasing, and offered to share a link to a storm chasing video channel.
ChemAir
Gold Member
GOES16-GM-GEOCOLOR-1000x1000.gif

Oh well. Not working right for me.

Attachments

• GOES16-GM-GEOCOLOR-1000x1000.gif
    GOES16-GM-GEOCOLOR-1000x1000.gif
    219.2 KB · Views: 900
Likes pinball1970 and davenn
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Looks like Florida panhandle.
153129_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Attachments

• 153129_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    153129_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 534
Likes pinball1970, davenn and jedishrfu
ChemAir said:
Oh well. Not working right for me.

awesome info in your 2 posts

in future, can you please supply links so that people can visit the site and get their own updates :smile:

thanks
Dave

davenn said:
awesome info in your 2 posts

in future, can you please supply links so that people can visit the site and get their own updates :smile:

thanks
Dave

Tried to link the night day border for better cloud top resolution. Couldn't get the gif at the time I wanted.

But here you go, best alternative I've found.

Last NHC data for Michael

National Data Buoy Center 42003 observations (about 220 miles west of Naples, FL)

Likes BillTre, pinball1970 and davenn
ChemAir said:
But here you go, best alternative I've found.

that link is really nice for the lower 48 :smile:

look at that awesome line of thunderstorms firing up across TX !
been a few yrs since I last did a storm chasing session in the USADave

davenn said:
been a few yrs since I last did a storm chasing session in the USA

Sometimes I think I might want to try it one day. Other times I think the idea is crazy. :biggrin:

If you like to see stormchasing videos, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to a guy on youtube who makes some absolutely amazing videos.

1. What is a Tropical Storm Michael?

Tropical Storm Michael is a type of weather phenomenon that is characterized by strong winds and heavy rain. It is a type of tropical cyclone that forms over warm ocean waters and can cause significant damage to coastal areas.

2. How is a Tropical Storm Michael different from a hurricane?

Tropical Storm Michael is a type of tropical cyclone that has sustained winds of 39-73 mph, while a hurricane has sustained winds of 74 mph or higher. Additionally, the size and intensity of a tropical storm is usually smaller than that of a hurricane.

3. What causes a Tropical Storm Michael to form?

A Tropical Storm Michael is formed when warm, moist air over the ocean rises and begins to rotate. This rotation is caused by the Earth's rotation and the Coriolis effect. As the storm continues to gather energy, it can develop into a hurricane if conditions are favorable.

4. How are images of Tropical Storm Michael captured?

Images of Tropical Storm Michael are usually captured by satellites, aircrafts, and weather radars. Satellites provide a global view of the storm, while aircrafts and weather radars provide more detailed images and measurements of the storm's structure and intensity.

5. What can we learn from studying the morning images of Tropical Storm Michael?

By studying the morning images of Tropical Storm Michael, scientists can track the storm's movement, intensity, and potential impact on coastal areas. They can also use this data to improve forecasting and warning systems, which can help communities prepare and mitigate the effects of the storm.