Most awesome periodic table of the elements in Latex?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 4K views
fluidistic
Gold Member
Messages
3,934
Reaction score
286
I would like to print a nice PTOTE, written in Latex. So that I could make small modifications before printing it. I have checked on the Internet, but surprisingly couldn't find any really nice one.

Ideally, it should contain information like the fusion point, possibly crystallographic arrangement, possibly pictures of the element(s), and have nice colors.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fluidistic said:
I would like to print a nice PTOTE, written in Latex. So that I could make small modifications before printing it. I have checked on the Internet, but surprisingly couldn't find any really nice one.

Ideally, it should contain information like the fusion point, possibly crystallographic arrangement, possibly pictures of the element(s), and have nice colors.
I think this would be a critical overload. I looked at a table with real elements
https://www.cocopenhagen.com/products/periodensystem
If you add all the technical data, then chances are it becomes messy.

Here is an online approach to make it clickable and add as many information as possible:
https://www.periodensystem-online.de/index.php
 
fresh_42 said:
I think this would be a critical overload. I looked at a table with real elements
https://www.cocopenhagen.com/products/periodensystem
If you add all the technical data, then chances are it becomes messy.

Here is an online approach to make it clickable and add as many information as possible:
https://www.periodensystem-online.de/index.php
I beg to differ. I have in mind to print it as an A0 format, or something similar, as a poster. You can put a whole lot of information for each element before it gets cluttered.

This one's kinda nice: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/989735849/periodic-table-inorganic-and-organic but could be nicer.

Similarly: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p..._rOrKyt3gUkxbGJ3EEdQcco94Qdj7hQ4YwR9h8lyQ1cUI

But they aren't perfect, they could be much improved, and they aren't in Latex...