Motion with constant angular acceleration

• Thread starter Zoubayr
  • Start date
Zoubayr
Homework Statement:
The blade of a circular saw of diameter 20 cm accelerates uniformly from rest to 7000 rev/min in 1.2 s. What is the angular acceleration? How many revolutions will the blade have made
by the time it reaches full speed?
Relevant Equations:
w=2πf
w=w_o +at
CamScanner 12-04-2022 20.26.jpg

I am not understanding the 2nd part of the question where it is asked about how many revolutions will the blade make when it reaches full speed. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Please learn how to post math equations using LaTeX. Your answer above looks like "Gio rad/s^2". There is a LaTeX Guide link below the Edit window to help you out. Thanks.

I am not understanding the 2nd part of the question where it is asked about how many revolutions will the blade make when it reaches full speed.
The angular equations (position, velocity, acceleration) are analogous to their linear counterparts. For linear motion, what mathematical operation do you use (twice) to go from acceleration to distance traveled? :smile:

Zoubayr
integration

Lnewqban
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I am not understanding the 2nd part of the question where it is asked about how many revolutions will the blade make when it reaches full speed. Please help
Let's divide the time during which the acceleration happened into 12 tenths of one second.
How many times the blade completed a full turn within the 0 to 0.1 second?
How many times the blade completed a full turn within the 1.1 to 1.2 second?

Suggested for: Motion with constant angular acceleration

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies