Motor for Toy Car: Finding the Right RPM

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbord39
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Motor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
jbord39
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I am working on a toy car which is operated with a remote control (either on or off, very simple). My problem is that the motors I have (some 9V, 7.5V, and 1.5-3V) all seem to either stall or go waaaay too fast. Not to mention that neither of them have gears or wheels (I ended up soldering the end of the motors to a ball of solder implanted in plastic pine-wood derby wheels). I was wondering if anyone knew of some 1-9V motors that would generate low RPM's (enough to make a small car move ~.3 m/s), preferably with either gears, wheels, or something to attach wheels.

Thanks a lot,

John
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
maybe this will help you:
http://www.globe-motors.com/dc_motor.pdf