• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

MSc in pure physics or nuclear physics?

• Programs
  • Thread starter Satyabhaskar
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Myself satyabhaskar. I completed my bachelor's degree with 93% and I got 3rd rank in AUCET with the specialization of physics.Now I have a small confusion about which subject i want to choose in msc physics.My main aim is to get a govt job if it is not possible then after i will enter into teaching field.so anybody please clarify me, is pure physics or nuclear physics is best for me?please answer for this message.

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Myself satyabhaskar. I completed my bachelor's degree with 93% and I got 3rd rank in AUCET with the specialization of physics.Now I have a small confusion about which subject i want to choose in msc physics.My main aim is to get a govt job if it is not possible then after i will enter into teaching field.so anybody please clarify me, is pure physics or nuclear physics is best for me?please answer for this message.
How is nuclear physics not "pure physics"?

Obviously, where you come from, there is such a thing as "pure physics". So maybe you need to describe which part of the world you are at, and what is defined as "pure physics".

Zz.