1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multiple submission to journal and conference

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    can i submit same research work (multiple submission) in two different journal and conference?

after getting the final result i will keep the work either in the journal or in the conference.

i have submitted the work to a journal and the review result will take a long time.

in the meantime a conference is going to be held and its deadline is nearby. can i submit the work to the conference also?

or it will be considered as plagiarism. will it be harmful to my research carrier?

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It's reasonably common for results to be presented in brief at conferences and then be written up more formally for submission to a journal. Usually for a poster presentation, a 10 minute talk, and/or a conference abstract, you don't have the time/space to go into great detail about your work - so that is often reserved for the papers. Often what people will do is present a specific aspect of their work in the conference and not the exact same thing that will be submitted to a journal.

You should not submit the same work to multiple journals. People do it, and some even seem to get away with it from time to time, but it's a good way to kill your career.

Also, you should learn how to use capital letters before you submit anything anywhere.

4. May 9, 2012 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You already asked this here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook