My career is down.what do i do

• Thread starter chandubaba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, the person is from India and they have passed out from an Indian university with only 50%. They are currently studying IT at NIIT but there is a problem with the math skills and they are not confident about doing another bachelor's degree even though they are getting old. They plan to talk to a career counselor at the end of their NIIT program.
chandubaba
hello , i am from india
I have passed out 12(senior secondary) from ignou university with only 50%. It took me 4 years to clear it due to personal unavoidable reasons. I am planning to give betterment and i will try to bring at least 60%.Presently I am studying in NIIT panbazar b.sc. IT . But there is a problem we are not taugth the pure sciences. I am very devoted to phy, maths (and computers). Will i have any problems afterwards if i don't have a strong foundation in maths and physics. If so what shall i do, i don't think correspondence course is for me ( cause i did not do well in ignou).where can i learn maths and physics? And i am 22 years old ( in 2nd year of b.sc. IT). Shall i take another bachelor degree after b.sc. IT(but i am getting old)? It will be good if i know in advance cause i have to prepare for it. Most of the good government colleges in India expect maths in bachelor degree for admission into post graduation. I will try to be in research ( in computers)when i get will get old. What shall i do?

Physics news on Phys.org
It would be difficult for people here to advise you on your prospects in India. You should try going to a career guidance counselor. Perhaps they have one at NIIT. If not, try career launchers, I've heard they're pretty good. If youre in Delhi, then they have a center opposite Venky in south campus, one in CP too I think and one in Narayana. Look it up, I'm sure you'll find their numbers online and they aren't very expensive. They'll be much better informed on this sort of thing. Give it a shot.

I should try to get more math courses besides your first degree. That wouldn't hurt. Then you could always prolong the enrollment and enroll in more maths and physics courses when you are done. That way you can get two degrees.

Yes the more i know the better it is. But it will hurt me because I am not confident to do 4 courses ( i am doing b.sc. IT, mcts 70-536, and betterment for 12) and also maths course would increase the load. I will do one by one, if possible . And thanks for your attention. And i am planning to talk to career advisor at the last year of NIIT, like chaoseverlasting said.

1. How do I know if my career is really on a downward trajectory?

The first step is to assess the current state of your career. Are you feeling dissatisfied or unfulfilled in your current role? Have you been passed over for promotions or opportunities for growth? Are you constantly receiving negative feedback from your superiors? These are all signs that your career may be heading in a downward direction.

2. What steps can I take to turn my career around?

If you feel like your career is heading downhill, it's important to take action sooner rather than later. Start by identifying the root cause of the problem. Is it a lack of skills or qualifications? Poor work performance? A toxic work environment? Once you have identified the issue, you can take steps to address it, such as enrolling in training courses, seeking mentorship, or looking for a new job.

3. Should I consider changing my career path altogether?

This is a personal decision that only you can make. If you have exhausted all options to improve your current career path and you still feel unsatisfied, it may be worth considering a career change. However, make sure to thoroughly research and evaluate your options before making a decision, as changing careers can be a major undertaking.

4. How can I stay motivated during a career downturn?

It's natural to feel demotivated when your career is not going as planned. To stay motivated, try setting small achievable goals for yourself and celebrate each accomplishment. Also, make sure to take care of yourself physically and mentally by exercising, eating well, and practicing self-care. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help lift your spirits.

5. Is it ever too late to turn my career around?

No, it is never too late to make a change and turn your career around. People switch careers at various stages of their lives, and many successful individuals have faced setbacks before finding their true calling. The key is to stay determined and keep working towards your goals, even if it takes longer than expected. Remember, your career is a journey, and it's never too late to make a change for the better.