My Family, My Strength: Overcoming Challenges Together

  • Thread starter Thread starter waternohitter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Strength
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
waternohitter
Messages
52
Reaction score
44
Life is full of challenges, 1 mistake and it will create a bunch of mess. That's why we need to be careful in everything we do. My family is the core of my strength and inspiration. They always there when I need them the most. In my career, they support me with everything they got, always cheered me when I'm feeling down. How about you? What gives you the strength to face difficulties in your life?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Lnewqban
Physics news on Phys.org
I still have dreams about the greatest failure in my life - I did last night. It's something I mostly deal with on my own. I'm not saying that's good or bad, right or wrong, it's just my situation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: atyy, Astronuc, BillTre and 1 other person
For me, it's the comfort of knowing you can always step outside the stream of thoughts and emotions and simply observe mindfully instead of clinging onto them.

It's perhaps the most important skill one can learn in life, in my experience.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G, waternohitter, BillTre and 1 other person
russ_watters said:
I still have dreams about the greatest failure in my life - I did last night. It's something I mostly deal with on my own. I'm not saying that's good or bad, right or wrong, it's just my situation.
I understand your situation. Sometimes I dream about my failure in an exam. It makes me uncomfortable but still trying to completely forget it.
 
haushofer said:
For me, it's the comfort of knowing you can always step outside the stream of thoughts and emotions and simply observe mindfully instead of clinging onto them.

It's perhaps the most important skill one can learn in life, in my experience.
Exactly, if plan A doesn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters.
 
waternohitter said:
They always there when I need them the most.
can they say the same about you?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hutchphd
Life is a continuous cycle of micro-failures and problem solving of whatever it may be so that you become an incrementally better person the next day. When you become a better person, you are able to handle bigger risks and failures. Taking bigger risks grants you bigger (emotional) rewards. That's how you get a fulfilling life. Take risks that you think you may be able to handle and own the responsibility to challenge it.

A true failure is when you stop doing that. Since it seems like you are still alive, you haven't truly failed yet.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin and jim mcnamara