My right eyelid has been twitching for weeks.

• Medical
  • Thread starter Newai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of annoying and painful muscle twitches, specifically in the eye and mouth areas. The speakers offer various suggestions and personal experiences, but ultimately advise seeking medical attention if the twitching persists. Medical advice is also explicitly stated as being deleted from the conversation.
Newai
I would cut it off but that will hurt. Thought about tape, but I don't think that will stop the twitching. This is driving me nuts.

Is there any part of your body that is doing weird things or being uncooperative?

Biology news on Phys.org
If it makes you feel any better, sometimes my contact lenses get "lost" on the inside of my eye. As one can imagine, it is indeed annoying. And painful.

Nice. Sure as hell doesn't beat wall-crawling though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My eyelid twitched everyday, on and off, for about two months. It was indeed annoying. I don't know what got it to stop.

The muscle beside the right side of my mouth was twitching this morning. I think it was stress related because every time my mind ran across this one particular thing it did it lol

lay off the caffeine. get some sleep. maybe check your lighting too.

folic acid seems pretty unlikely, a theory would be nice. changing two things at once complicates cause and effect.

Sleep is fine, and I get next to no caffeine. I don't know what you mean by checking my lighting, though.

Newai said:
I would cut it off but that will hurt. Thought about tape, but I don't think that will stop the twitching. This is driving me nuts.

Is there any part of your body that is doing weird things or being uncooperative?
I hate eye twitches! Good luck.

All medical advice has been deleted because we don't give medical advice, and we don't diagnose.

See a doctor if it doesn't go away, or bothers you.

Last edited:

1. What could be causing my right eyelid to twitch for weeks?

There are several potential causes for a persistent eyelid twitch, including stress, fatigue, caffeine intake, and eye strain. It is best to consult with a doctor to determine the specific cause in your case.

2. Is a twitching eyelid a sign of a serious medical condition?

In most cases, a twitching eyelid is not a sign of a serious medical condition. However, if the twitching is accompanied by other symptoms or persists for an extended period of time, it is important to see a doctor for a proper evaluation.

3. Can I do anything to make the twitching stop?

In some cases, reducing stress and fatigue, cutting back on caffeine, and using warm compresses on the eye can help alleviate eyelid twitches. If these measures do not work, it is important to see a doctor for further treatment.

4. Should I be concerned if my eyelid is twitching for weeks?

If the twitching is not accompanied by other symptoms and is not interfering with your daily life, it is likely not a cause for concern. However, if the twitching persists or becomes more frequent, it is important to consult with a doctor.

5. Is there a cure for a persistent eyelid twitch?

In most cases, a twitching eyelid will resolve on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, if the twitching is causing discomfort or affecting your vision, a doctor may prescribe medication or recommend other treatment options.