Mystery clouds

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
So how long was the complete tape (without speeding it up), out of curiosity??
Had you watched the video you would likely have noticed that the very first thing is says is that it is a 20-minute time-lapsed video

ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Had you watched the video you would likely have noticed that the very first thing is says is that it is a 20-minute time-lapsed video
I skipped about one fifth of the beginning of the video when I watched it because the entire thing was buffering and my WiFi connection was poor o_O

I don't know why that happens, but it does all the time for YouTube videos . . .

But thanks for answering my question even if you meant it in a reproachful way (you did, didn't you?).

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
But thanks for answering my question even if you meant it in a reproachful way (you did, didn't you?).
I apologize for that. It is a serious character flaw that I have that I just HAVE to jump on trivial errors (or what appear to be errors) made by others. I manage to restrain myself far more than you might believe if you read a lot of my posts, but I appreciate your pointing out that I need to keep working on it.

EDIT: that's a bummer about your problem w/ youtube videos. I would find that extremely annoying. I ***** constantly about how much money Time Warner charges but I do have to say that their cable internet service is excellent.

Likes 1oldman2 and ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
I apologize for that. It is a serious character flaw that I have that I just HAVE to jump on trivial errors (or what appear to be errors) made by others. I manage to restrain myself far more than you might believe if you read a lot of my posts, but I appreciate your pointing out that I need to keep working on it.

EDIT: that's a bummer about your problem w/ youtube videos. I would find that extremely annoying. I ***** constantly about how much money Time Warner charges but I do have to say that their cable internet service is excellent.
Watch yourself phinds :biggrin:

No problem. Your sarcasm and brute frankness kills me. Why do you think I follow you?

Likes phinds
That is an exceedingly odd question given that you said you just SAW it right before you eyes.
All clouds, at once, together, in unison throughout the day. That would be ODD. So no I don't see that everyday all clouds at once. I saw one instance that day and have seen it a couple of times only before they are odd instances when I do catch them. Imagine if that were to happen in unison people would definitely notice.

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Because clouds aren't supposed to do that normally cloulds have a function they're up there for a reason. What's the reason for that?
you have already been given the answer, I even requoted it
what part of that good response didn't you understand ?

Last edited:
Likes Evo
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
A rising thermal rises till it hits a level ( height) where the moisture in the air of that thermal condenses into clouds.
This is called the dew point. The height at which dew point is reached and clouds form is called the condensation level.
The winds then carry those clouds off. But the thermal is still rising and causing new replacement clouds to form
and then in turn get carried off. This will continue till the rising thermal or the winds cease."

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1oldman2
berkeman
Mentor
The question in the OP has been answered. Whether the OP believes it or not is unfortunately a different matter. Thread is closed.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, 1oldman2, Evo and 2 others