Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Name a scientist with a first or last name that rhymes with

1. Mar 21, 2012 #1
    Not sure if this goes here but:

I need to know a somewhat famous scientist, engineer, mathematician, etc. that has a first or last name that rhymes with "Nino."

Also what was/is his/her CV or contribution to the field of technology, education, and of such.

Thank You in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2012 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I've wracked my brains and not only can I not think of a scientist I can't think of why you would be so intersted in knowing :confused:

4. Mar 21, 2012 #3

Evo

You don't remember anything about this person? Something they accomplished? How did you hear about them?

5. Mar 21, 2012 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Humanino.

Penguinino.

Famous 'round these parts :tongue2:

6. Mar 21, 2012 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you making a science poem? You can take, erm, poetic license with a very well-known name. Like Albert Einsteinino.

7. Mar 21, 2012 #6
    yeah lol

no no guys. its not a specific person. as famous as possible. it can be any scientist. just needs some recognition.

8. Mar 21, 2012 #7
    Didn't Fermi name his ninos Ferminos?

9. Mar 21, 2012 #8
    How about Bruno Zumino. He did some work in quantum field theory.

10. Mar 21, 2012 #9

Evo

What do you mean it's not a specific person? You just want our members to find anyone for you? Why?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  11. Mar 21, 2012 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

19th century botanist Federico Delpino pioneered the concept of pollination syndromes.

12. Mar 21, 2012 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Noella Marcellino:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noella_Marcellino

13. Mar 21, 2012 #12

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Orso Mario Corbino. Mostly remembered for having fostered Fermi and his group, but eminent enough in his own right to have two 'effects' named after him, which must be nearly unique.

14. Mar 21, 2012 #13

Evo

What do you mean it's not a specific person? You just want our members to find anyone for you? Why?

15. Mar 21, 2012 #14
    How rude :'(

No I know how to use Wikipedia. There is a list of Italian scientists but I want make sure I am not just picking a random person. Anyone can edit Wikipedia so I'm just double checking. I don't know much of my science history either.

I like all the responses. Thanks guys. I'll probably choose a few you guys named but keep them coming if you know any really good ones. I was hopefully looking for something the average joe already knows. Like I already of fermi, newton, and Einstein but they don't rhyme.

16. Mar 22, 2012 #15

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Will "ini" do?

17. Mar 22, 2012 #16
    Who is that? What did he or she do?

18. Mar 22, 2012 #17

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Had a name that ended like that. But I don't know if that's what you want - and maybe it is time to tell us why you want it.

19. Mar 22, 2012 #18

Evo

No, it was not even close to rude. I asked you to explain what you are doing. Now please answer.

20. Mar 22, 2012 #19

Ryan_m_b

It's not clear if the user is responding to lisab's question or suggestion but this may shed some light:

21. Mar 22, 2012 #20

Evo

Wasn't clear what he was laughing at either, which is why I asked. Is this some odd homework assignment? I had actual assignments like "draw a fence in Africa", so I drew a fence and put a giraffe next to it, got an A+. This was in high school history, we never opened our books. This teacher was always doing these weird nonsensical assignments. I could see him asking us to create a poem with ryhming names.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook