Name a scientist with a first or last name that rhymes with

• Thread starter deadsupra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientist
In summary: But I digress.In summary, the conversation begins with a user asking for suggestions of famous scientists, engineers, mathematicians, etc. whose first or last name rhymes with "Nino." The conversation then shifts to some playful suggestions and banter among users. The original user clarifies that it is not a specific person they are looking for, but rather someone with recognition. Some suggestions are made, including Noella Marcellino, Federico Delpino, Orso Mario Corbino, and others. The original user thanks everyone for their responses and asks for more suggestions. The conversation ends with some confusion and the original user clarifying that they are not looking for a specific person, but rather a well-known name that rh
deadsupra
Not sure if this goes here but:

I need to know a somewhat famous scientist, engineer, mathematician, etc. that has a first or last name that rhymes with "Nino."

Also what was/is his/her CV or contribution to the field of technology, education, and of such.

Thank You in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
I've wracked my brains and not only can I not think of a scientist I can't think of why you would be so intersted in knowing :confused:

You don't remember anything about this person? Something they accomplished? How did you hear about them?

Humanino.

Penguinino.

Famous 'round these parts :tongue2:

Are you making a science poem? You can take, erm, poetic license with a very well-known name. Like Albert Einsteinino.

yeah lol

no no guys. its not a specific person. as famous as possible. it can be any scientist. just needs some recognition.

Didn't Fermi name his ninos Ferminos?

How about Bruno Zumino. He did some work in quantum field theory.

deadsupra said:
yeah lol

no no guys. its not a specific person. as famous as possible. it can be any scientist. just needs some recognition.
What do you mean it's not a specific person? You just want our members to find anyone for you? Why?

Last edited:
19th century botanist Federico Delpino pioneered the concept of pollination syndromes.

Noella Marcellino:

Mother Noella Marcellino, O.S.B., (born 1952) is a Benedictine nun who has earned a doctorate in microbiology from the University of Connecticut. Studying fungi in France on a Fulbright Scholarship, she concentrates on the positive effects of decay and putrefaction as well as the odors and flavors of cheese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noella_Marcellino

Orso Mario Corbino. Mostly remembered for having fostered Fermi and his group, but eminent enough in his own right to have two 'effects' named after him, which must be nearly unique.

deadsupra said:
yeah lol

What do you mean it's not a specific person? You just want our members to find anyone for you? Why?

Evo said:

How rude :'(

No I know how to use Wikipedia. There is a list of Italian scientists but I want make sure I am not just picking a random person. Anyone can edit Wikipedia so I'm just double checking. I don't know much of my science history either.

I like all the responses. Thanks guys. I'll probably choose a few you guys named but keep them coming if you know any really good ones. I was hopefully looking for something the average joe already knows. Like I already of fermi, Newton, and Einstein but they don't rhyme.

Will "ini" do?

epenguin said:
Will "ini" do?

Who is that? What did he or she do?

deadsupra said:
Who is that? What did he or she do?

Had a name that ended like that. But I don't know if that's what you want - and maybe it is time to tell us why you want it.

deadsupra said:
How rude :'(
No, it was not even close to rude. I asked you to explain what you are doing. Now please answer.

Evo said:
No, it was not even close to rude. I asked you to explain what you are doing. Now please answer.
It's not clear if the user is responding to lisab's question or suggestion but this may shed some light:
deadsupra said:
lisab said:
Are you making a science poem? You can take, erm, poetic license with a very well-known name. Like Albert Einsteinino.
yeah lol

Ryan_m_b said:
It's not clear if the user is responding to lisab's question or suggestion but this may shed some light:
Wasn't clear what he was laughing at either, which is why I asked. Is this some odd homework assignment? I had actual assignments like "draw a fence in Africa", so I drew a fence and put a giraffe next to it, got an A+. This was in high school history, we never opened our books. This teacher was always doing these weird nonsensical assignments. I could see him asking us to create a poem with ryhming names.

1. Who is the scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Jill"?

The scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Jill" is Dr. Phil. He is a well-known psychologist and television personality.

2. What is the name of the scientist with a last name that rhymes with "Einstein"?

The scientist with a last name that rhymes with "Einstein" is Dr. Frankenstein. He is a fictional character created by author Mary Shelley.

3. Can you name a scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Jane"?

Yes, the scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Jane" is Dr. Wayne. He is a physicist and engineer known for his work in quantum mechanics.

4. Which scientist has a last name that rhymes with "Curie"?

The scientist with a last name that rhymes with "Curie" is Dr. Yuri. He is a Russian physicist and cosmologist who won the Nobel Prize for his work on cosmic microwave background radiation.

5. Is there a scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Marie"?

Yes, the scientist with a first name that rhymes with "Marie" is Dr. Carrie. She is a marine biologist and conservationist known for her research on coral reef ecosystems.