Name the Science Photo - Comments

In summary, TheAdmin submitted a new PF Insights post titled "Name the Science Photo." The post includes a quiz about historical physicist Poincare and his contributions to the field. Participants were able to score between 0-13 points based on their knowledge and guessing abilities. The post also mentions potential future quizzes with varying levels of difficulty. The Admin also mentions working on fixing the photos for the quiz.
TheAdmin submitted a new PF Insights post

Name the Science Photo

namethephoto.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Likes QuantumQuest and beamie564
Physics news on Phys.org
Why is Poincare a historical physicist?

Got 8 correct o:)
martinbn said:
Because he's a prominent physicist from the past :rolleyes:

martinbn said:
Just mean a physicist of the past :)

Depending on how people score I'd love to do this again and either make it harder or easier.

What will be harder for some will be easier for others.

BillTre said:
What will be harder for some will be easier for others.
Of course, but it's possible to move the percentage chance it is more difficult.

Aniruddha@94 said:
Got 8 correct o:)

Because he's a prominent physicist from the past :rolleyes:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just mean a physicist of the past :)

My point was different. He is a mathematician!

Eight out of thirteen --- I cheated on Poincare.

martinbn said:
My point was different. He is a mathematician!
He was both according to Wiki

9 out of 13

But it should've been 7 out of 13 because the LHC and moon questions were guesses that just so happened to be correct. Why doesn't this ever happen on real quizzes? :frown:

Only 6 correct here. None of my guesses panned out.

Couldn't see the pictures, but could see the file names of the pictures. That probably made it easier to score 10/13.

Would be harder if you named the files more according to the question than according to the right answer.

Fixed and added a bonus question!

1. What is the purpose of "Name the Science Photo - Comments"?

The purpose of "Name the Science Photo - Comments" is to allow individuals to identify and discuss scientific images from various fields of study. This can help increase scientific literacy and promote curiosity and learning.

2. Can anyone participate in "Name the Science Photo - Comments"?

Yes, "Name the Science Photo - Comments" is open to anyone who is interested in science and wants to learn more about different scientific images. It is a great opportunity for individuals of all ages and backgrounds to engage in scientific discussions and share their knowledge.

3. What types of images are typically featured in "Name the Science Photo - Comments"?

"Name the Science Photo - Comments" features a wide range of scientific images, including photographs, diagrams, and illustrations. These images can come from various fields such as biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, and more.

4. How can I submit a photo to "Name the Science Photo - Comments"?

If you have a scientific image that you would like to be featured in "Name the Science Photo - Comments", you can submit it through the designated submission process. This can usually be found on the website or social media page of the platform hosting the activity.

5. Are there any prizes or rewards for participating in "Name the Science Photo - Comments"?

While there may not be any official prizes or rewards for participating in "Name the Science Photo - Comments", the activity itself offers many benefits. These include increasing your knowledge and understanding of science, engaging in discussions with others who share similar interests, and having fun while learning.