Need advice from a professional

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to achieve their goals in the field of physics and engineering. They are currently 16 years old and have a strong interest in high-end concepts such as quantum physics and special relativity. They have two projects in mind and want to work with spaceX or NASA in the future. They are asking for suggestions on what they can do now at their age to advance in their chosen career path. The advice given is to take as much math and science courses as possible in school, then pursue a PhD in a relevant field. They are also encouraged to start studying advanced math on their own and to participate in academic competitions and other practical activities to enhance their profile for university applications.
Vishal Rana
So I need some advice of someone professional and experienced. I’m 16 just about to sit my GCSEs soon and I’ve got a plan of what I want to do in the future. I reckon for my age I know quite a lot about high end things in Physics to do with quantum physics, special relativity, string theory, stuff like that.

I’ve got 2 projects I want to achieve in my life which I’d rather not say on here...and I’ll have to work with spaceX or NASA for that and I’ve already started looking at quantum entanglement and magnetism and particle physics which are the things I’m going to need for the projects. I watch regular videos on these matters.

So I need advice on what I can do now I’m order to achieve my goals. Is there anything I can do to get involved now at my age? There must be so that’s why I am asking professionals advice so I can advance forward so any advice will be appreciated. I’ve written a brief breakdown of the situation hoping it helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Craftek_Ana
Physics news on Phys.org
Take all the math and science you can in school and then go to college and get a phd in the most relevant physics or engineering discipline.

russ_watters said:
Take all the math and science you can in school and then go to college and get a phd in the most relevant physics or engineering discipline.

Is there nothing I can do before hand

If you are really able, there is nothing to stop you from studying advanced math right now. The books cost less today than they will in 10 years, so it might be cheaper to buy and read them now. Just be sure that you really learn the material, not just gloss over it.

Dr.D said:
If you are really able, there is nothing to stop you from studying advanced math right now. The books cost less today than they will in 10 years, so it might be cheaper to buy and read them now. Just be sure that you really learn the material, not just gloss over it.

Thanks but what more do I actually need to know and where or what books can I learn it from?

Vishal Rana said:
Is there nothing I can do before hand
That was starting now. But you can also do some reading on your own:
Thanks but what more do I actually need to know and where or what books can I learn it from?
Your knowledge level for a college textbook is just below zero, so pick ANY introductory level textbook to start with.

Go to your friendly college book store for a start.

russ_watters said:
That was starting now. But you can also do some reading on your own:

Your knowledge level for a college textbook is just below zero, so pick ANY introductory level textbook to start with.

See you're American and I’m British so is your advanced maths and my advanced maths the same or could they be slightly different

Last edited by a moderator:
Vishal Rana said:
See ur American and I’m British so is your advanced maths and my advanced maths the same or could they be slightly different
It even differs from one person to the next, but you didn't say, so the best I can do is guess; you might be ready for a college Calculus textbook.

russ_watters said:
It even differs from one person to the next, but you didn't say, so the best I can do is guess; you might be ready for a college Calculus textbook.

Thanks I’ll take your advice but I have another question. I’ll get ahead and learn what I need to but is there anything else I can do as in like outside of school maybe something practical? Something that’ll look good on my UCAS when I apply for university?

Vishal Rana said:
is there anything else I can do as in like outside of school maybe something practical? Something that’ll look good on my UCAS when I apply for university?
Participate in academic competitions, enter Science Fairs, build electronics kits, learn to program, learn to use simulators (FEA, SPICE, etc.)... :smile:

Likes Vishal Rana
berkeman said:
Participate in academic competitions, enter Science Fairs, build electronics kits, learn to program, learn to use simulators (FEA, SPICE, etc.)... :smile:

Cheers. I’ll take your advice and I’ll do my research.

Likes berkeman

What qualifications should I look for in a professional advisor?

There are a few key qualifications to consider when seeking advice from a professional. First, look for someone who has relevant education and training in the area you need advice in. Next, consider their experience and track record of success. It's also important to find someone who is licensed or certified in their field. Finally, make sure you feel comfortable communicating with them and trust their expertise.

How do I know if I need advice from a professional?

If you are facing a complex or challenging problem that you do not have the knowledge or experience to solve on your own, it may be a good idea to seek advice from a professional. This could include situations where you need legal, financial, medical, or other specialized advice.

How can I find a reliable and trustworthy professional advisor?

One way to find a reliable and trustworthy professional advisor is to ask for recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues who have had positive experiences with advisors in the past. You can also do some research online to read reviews and check their credentials. It's also important to meet with the advisor in person before making a decision to see if you feel comfortable working with them.

What should I expect during a consultation with a professional advisor?

During a consultation with a professional advisor, you can expect them to ask questions to understand your situation and needs. They may also provide you with information and options for addressing your problem. It's important to be honest and open with your advisor to ensure they have all the necessary information to provide you with the best advice.

How much does it cost to seek advice from a professional?

The cost of seeking advice from a professional can vary depending on the type of advice you need and the advisor's experience and qualifications. Some advisors may offer a free initial consultation, while others may charge an hourly or flat fee for their services. It's important to discuss fees upfront and make sure you understand the cost before moving forward with an advisor.