Need assistance in Abaqus simulation

In summary, the speaker is seeking assistance with their static analysis and has already completed all necessary prerequisites and preprocessors. They are not seeing any results and are asking for suggestions. The other person suggests running example problems and modifying them before setting up the simplest analysis possible. They also mention paying attention to the first lines of each problem for proper setup. Finally, they note that the issue may be due to the step time being set to zero.
A2148
TL;DR Summary
Need assistance in Abaqus. Doing static analysis....
I'm doing static analysis. I have already set up all the prerequisites, preprocessors such as material addition, sectioning, defining boundary conditions, and displacement. However, I'm not getting the results. Please suggest anything.

Kindly find the attachment.

regards

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
The last time I used Abaqus, it came with a thick book of example problems. Run some of those. Then modify an example problem. Then set up the simplest analysis that you can think of. Give particular attention to the first lines in each problem where you tell the software how to get started.

When all of those are working, you should be ready to run your actual analysis.

That’s zero increment (step time = 0). No wonder there are no results, scroll to the end of the step using arrow buttons on the top right.

Likes berkeman

1. What is Abaqus simulation?

Abaqus is a finite element analysis software used for simulating and analyzing the behavior of structures and materials under various loading conditions. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific research to study the performance and durability of products and systems.

2. How do I get started with Abaqus simulation?

To get started with Abaqus simulation, you will need to have a basic understanding of finite element analysis and the software's user interface. It is recommended to go through the tutorials and training materials provided by the software developer, Dassault Systèmes, or attend a training course to familiarize yourself with the software's capabilities and features.

3. What types of simulations can be performed in Abaqus?

Abaqus offers a wide range of simulation capabilities, including structural analysis, thermal analysis, coupled physics simulations, and multiphysics simulations. It also has advanced features for simulating material behaviors such as plasticity, creep, and fracture.

4. Can Abaqus handle complex geometries and materials?

Yes, Abaqus is designed to handle complex geometries and materials. It offers a variety of modeling techniques, including solid, shell, and beam elements, to accurately represent the geometry of a structure. It also has a comprehensive material library that includes a wide range of metals, composites, and other materials.

5. How long does it take to run an Abaqus simulation?

The time it takes to run an Abaqus simulation depends on various factors such as the complexity of the model, the number of elements, and the type of analysis being performed. Generally, small and simple models can be solved in a few minutes, while larger and more complex models may take several hours or even days to complete.