1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help badlyabout full adder circuit

1. Oct 14, 2008 #1
    hey guys.. can u pls help me solve this problem. i have some answers but im just not really sure if they're right. pls help me. my exam starts in a few hours:frown:

here's the problem:

The truth table of a full adder circuit is given below, where A and B are two inputs and Cin is the carry from the previous bits.

i) Get the output expression for sum and carry from the truth table.

ii) use Boolean Algebra to simplify Sum only to an XOR gate

iii) Derive the expression for the carry and simplify it using Boolean algebra.
    iv) Draw the full circuit showing the inputs, sum and the carry.

e) Using Boolean algebra and De- Morgan’s or otherwise prove the property
    f) State and prove De- Morgan’s law for three input variables
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF forums!! You will find there are many fascinating useful discussions here on all kinds of topics (most of them science related).

That's an interesting question. It is good, that you have worked out some soln's to your problem. Before we can help you, you need to post your thoughts, a sequence of how you attempted a solution. Then ask questions regarding your attempt.. You probably want to reread this thread to help guide you on posts. It is also listed at the top of this homework area under "why hasn't anybody answered my question".
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?