1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help deciding where to study

Tags:
  1. Jul 10, 2015 #1
    I live in India, and i just finished school, and decided to study physics. I got a seat in IIT Kanpur for a Bsc in Physics and also a seat in IISER(Indian Institute of Science Education and Research), and I cant decide where to go.
    I understand that there is little to no scope for a Physics graduate here in India, and that I have to go abroad after studying. My decision has to thus be based on which of these institutes is more recognized outside the country, and I would really appreciate any insight on the same.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2015 #2
    The IIT tag is something that people recognise. Just saying, I don't know too much about IISER, is it better than IISC?
    All the best for wherever you end up going :)

4. Jul 10, 2015 #3

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't know about IISER but most of the graduate students at my grad school (top five program) actually went to IIT Kanpur. I know of three in my group alone so I am sure there are more in my program and a lot more at other schools. I know other students I know went to different IITs. Basically everyone I know who did undergrad in India went to an IIT and I think IIT Kanpur is especially well known for physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook