Need Help Meshing a Turbine in Gambit? Can Someone Provide Guidance Urgently?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pingaroo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Meshing Turbine
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Pingaroo
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
meshing turbine in gambit ~~ urgent

Hi...
I would be very grateful if someone could help me to mesh the turbine in gambit. I have been struggling with this for the last whole week so desperately need help urgently.

I already have the model in gambit but I am not sure if this kind of problem is necessary to build a turbo profile or not and if it is so what is the casing inlet? I looked through the gambit tutorial but still don't understand which vertices need to select to hub and casing inlet. :confused:

Since I only have the turbine structure does that mean I need to build the shrouded to cover the whole turbine?

Thank you very very much in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Have, you had any sucess with this yet? I have a friend who models this type of rotating equipment with Gambit, I can ask him for advice if you still need help.

Thanks
Matt