1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with my homework! 45minutes left till i have to hand it in

1. Jun 14, 2012 #1
    [URGENT] Need help with my homework! 45minutes left till i have to hand it in

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

a) Bianca wants to make a solar cooker to take on her camping trip
    what type of mirror does she need?

b) Bianca makes a mirror by putting silver foil on an old, cut-up beach ball. The ball has a diameter of 96cm. Calculate the focal length of the mirror.

c) Draw a diagram to show the mirror, the direction of the sun's rays, and the position of bianca's food.

d)State the nature of the image produced by the solar cooker

e) Bianca's food cannot all be at one point. Discuss the effectiveness of the solar cooker at 5cm from the focus.

2. Relevant equations

1/f=1/do+1/di

m=di/do=hi/ho

siso=f2

m=f/so=si/f

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2012 #2
    Re: [URGENT] Need help with my homework! 45minutes left till i have to hand it in

I'm really bad at physics:S

4. Jun 14, 2012 #3
    Re: [URGENT] Need help with my homework! 45minutes left till i have to hand it in

a) You need a mirror that focuses light on 1 point, which mirror does this?

b) f = R/2

c) You can probably do this yourself..., the sun's rays would be horizontal lines toward the mirror

d) Again, once you have the ray diagram, this is self explanatory.

e) This is a magnification problem, so use M=di/do

5. Jun 14, 2012 #4

You need to fill out this:
    first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook