Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Need Listing of Photon and Particle Quantum States

1. Feb 3, 2017 #1
    Hi,
    I am learning quantum entanglement. I am interested to create an up to date list of all known :

- Photon Quantum States
    - Particle Quantum States
    - Classically entagled photon states

I guess that there is an organization out there that already have this info.
    If someone can point me in to a link I'd appreciate it.

Once I have the list I'll be able to go over each one to better understand it.

Alternatively, I'd appreciate if people can respond with the states and I'll create my own list.

Thanks for the help!
    Adam

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2017 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

This is much too broad a topic for a PF thread, not to mention that your request is an impossible task in any case. The possible states of a quantum system depend on what kind of experiments you are doing and what kinds of interactions are present. There is no such thing as a single list of all such states.

If you are interested in experiments involving entanglement the best place to start is probably experiments in quantum computing.

4. Feb 4, 2017 #3
    Hi Peter,

Is it reasonable to ask about the different categories of states such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, energy level... are there other major categories?

Thanks!

5. Feb 4, 2017 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This still doesn't make any sense, because you're asking if there is such a thing as a listing of all observables! That is like asking for how many things we can measure or detect.

Zz.

6. Feb 4, 2017 #5
    OK then, I will contribute momentum and position.

7. Feb 9, 2017 #6
    What are the complete list of quantum Observables besides charge, position and momentum?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted