Need Listing of Photon and Particle Quantum States

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Adam Computes
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am learning quantum entanglement. I am interested to create an up to date list of all known :

- Photon Quantum States
- Particle Quantum States
- Classically entagled photon states

I guess that there is an organization out there that already have this info.
If someone can point me into a link I'd appreciate it.

Once I have the list I'll be able to go over each one to better understand it.

Alternatively, I'd appreciate if people can respond with the states and I'll create my own list.

Thanks for the help!
Adam
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is much too broad a topic for a PF thread, not to mention that your request is an impossible task in any case. The possible states of a quantum system depend on what kind of experiments you are doing and what kinds of interactions are present. There is no such thing as a single list of all such states.

If you are interested in experiments involving entanglement the best place to start is probably experiments in quantum computing.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Adam Computes
Hi Peter,

Is it reasonable to ask about the different categories of states such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, energy level... are there other major categories?

Thanks!
 
Adam Computes said:
Hi Peter,

Is it reasonable to ask about the different categories of states such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, energy level... are there other major categories?

Thanks!

This still doesn't make any sense, because you're asking if there is such a thing as a listing of all observables! That is like asking for how many things we can measure or detect.

Zz.
 
OK then, I will contribute momentum and position.
 
What are the complete list of quantum Observables besides charge, position and momentum?