1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need recommendations for math books

1. Dec 20, 2005 #1
    So, I'm reading Penrose's "The Road To Reality". I got stuck in chapter 7 that has to do with complex number calculus. A quick google search returned this: http://www.math.gatech.edu/~cain/winter99/complex.html

I plan on getting through that (or part of it) before returning to Penrose's book. I need some good math books recommendations to get me through the first 17 chapters though. I don't really know where else I'll have to put Penrose's book down and learn something new so any recommendations from someone who read Penrose's book would be helpful. My goal is to just get through this whole book and understand everything in it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

you could just post the specific questions you have from penrose on here and we will answer them one at a time. should be quicker than learning all the math he uses in there systematically

like by 20 or 30 years.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?