Need to find velocity of an object I pushed off a table

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coronita
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Table Velocity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Coronita
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
1.
You push a 100g object across a table and release it 2 m from the edge. The object slides across, sails off the edge falls 1m to the floor and lands 30 cm from the edge of the table. If the coefficient of friction is 0.5 what was the object's speed as you released it?



2.
f=ma

Sf= Si+Vi* (delta)t+ 1/2a*(delta)t^2

Vf=Vi+a*t


3.

Since I know how far it went horizontally and I'm given the mass I'm thinking I should be able to find the force it was pushed with and use that to find the acceleration? Does knowing how much force it's exerting down on the table help me? Not really sure how to get started :/
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i have 2 physics quizzes this week and it would be the week my tutor's going to be out of town >_<
 
if anyone answers plese send it to me as a message, I am off to work now