New estimate of effect of methane on climate

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 7K views
Thanks for that Bystander, I did have the figure wrong and from a textbook ("nd hand O.U. textbook) it's 3.6 years. Where the 100 years came from I do not know.

I get the basic derivation of the residence time, what I didn't get was how you'd go about estimating the flux. But even your rough calculations show how wrong the century was.

Notwithstanding my screw up the 3.6 years still dwarves the 11 days for water - which was my original point in stating it.

Thanks again.
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
"Can you provide an article that references your graph? They may be correcting for some factor that wasn't corrected for in the other link."

Hi Patty,

As I post in my breaks (and at times when I shouldn't) at work I've not got the time to look into it(and I've not got the 'net at home). I don't consider the issue significant enough for the purposes of my argument to look into it at present. Sorry.