New Help, Cannot Seem to Get it

• Thread starter alexparker
  • Start date
In summary, to prove that (d/dx)arcos(x) = -1/(Sqrt(1-x^2)), we can use the fact that cos is the inverse function of arccos and differentiate both sides. Another approach is to use trig identities to simplify the expression and think about a right triangle to find the value of the sine.
alexparker
Prove that (d/dx)arcos(x) = -1/(Sqrt(1-x^2)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
cos is the inverse function of arccos. So cos(arccos(x))=x. Differentiate both sides. Did you try that?

Or: if y= arccos(x) then x= cos(y). Differentiate that to find dx/dy= -sin(y) so that
dy/dx= -1/sin(y)= -1/sin(arccos(y)).

Use trig identities to simplify that (change sin(arccos(y)) to cos(arccos(y))=y) or think about a right triangle with "near side" of length y and hypotenuse of length 1. What is the length of the "opposite side"? Whatr is the sine?

What is "New Help" and why do I need it?

"New Help" refers to any type of assistance or support that is different from what you have previously received. You may need it to overcome a challenge or improve your situation.

Why am I having trouble getting the new help that I need?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to a lack of resources, not knowing where to look for help, or not being able to effectively communicate your needs.

What steps can I take to get the new help that I need?

First, identify what type of help you need and what resources are available to you. Then, reach out to those resources and clearly communicate your needs. You may also need to be persistent and follow up if necessary.

Is it normal to struggle with getting new help?

Yes, it is common to face challenges when trying to obtain new help. It is important to stay determined and keep seeking out different resources until you find the support you need.

How can I make sure the new help I receive is effective?

Be open and honest with your helper about what is and isn't working. Communicate your progress and any concerns or challenges you may be facing. This will help your helper tailor their support to best meet your needs.