New to the Forum & Need Paper Subject Suggestions

In summary, a new member of the physics forums is seeking help in finding a controversial topic for an English paper. They are interested in physics and astronomy and are struggling to find a suitable subject. Suggestions from other members include the controversial topics of relativity and quantum physics, the value of organizations like SETI, and the value of human spaceflight and projects like the ISS. The member is grateful for any suggestions.
FluffyArmadilo
Hi y'all, I am new to the physics forums. I really like Astronomy and Physics. This is a sort of a homework question but I couldn't find the right category to put it in. I have an english paper due soon and I need to find a topic. The paper is supposed to be about a controversial issue. I've been trying to find a subject related to physics or astronomy but can't find anything. If any of you know any controversial physics topics I would love to hear them and greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a forum for homework stuff, but adminswill move the thread to the right place

A controversial issue is relativity and quantuum physics maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thank you very much!

If you want something somewhat less technical, then you could write about the value of organizations such as SETI and similar searched for intelligent life.

Another issue is the value of human spaceflight and enterprises such as the ISS.

Welcome to the physics forums! It's great to see your interest in both astronomy and physics. As for your paper topic, there are many controversial issues within the fields of physics and astronomy that you could explore. One topic that comes to mind is the debate surrounding dark matter and dark energy. These are two mysterious components that make up a large portion of our universe, yet we know very little about them. Some scientists argue that they are necessary to explain the observed behavior of galaxies and the expansion of the universe, while others propose alternative theories that do not require the existence of dark matter or dark energy.

Another controversial topic in physics is the search for a theory of everything, which seeks to unify all the fundamental forces of nature into one cohesive framework. This has been a long-standing challenge in the field and has led to many different theories and approaches, each with its own supporters and detractors.

In astronomy, you could explore the controversy surrounding exoplanets and the search for extraterrestrial life. While some scientists believe that there must be other intelligent life forms in the universe, others argue that the conditions for life are so specific that it is unlikely to exist elsewhere.

These are just a few suggestions, but there are many other controversial topics in physics and astronomy that you could explore for your paper. I recommend doing some further research and finding a topic that interests you the most. Good luck with your paper!

What is the purpose of the "New to the Forum & Need Paper Subject Suggestions" forum?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a space for new members to seek suggestions and ideas for paper topics from more experienced members.

What kind of paper subjects can I ask for suggestions on in this forum?

You can ask for suggestions on any subject that falls within the scope of the forum. This may include topics related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and other related fields.

How can I ensure that my paper subject suggestion request will be taken seriously?

To ensure that your request is taken seriously, be sure to provide a clear and specific description of your research interests and any relevant background information. It is also helpful to provide a list of potential paper topics that you have already considered.

What are some tips for receiving helpful paper subject suggestions in this forum?

Some tips for receiving helpful suggestions include being open to different perspectives and ideas, providing enough context and information for others to understand your interests, and actively engaging in the discussion by responding to suggestions and asking follow-up questions.

Can I use the paper subject suggestions provided in this forum for my own research?

While the suggestions provided in this forum can serve as a starting point for your research, it is important to properly cite and credit any ideas or information that you use in your own work. Plagiarism is not tolerated in this forum or in the scientific community.