North Korea to halt nuclear activities

• News
  • Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
I challenge you to produce a single example of a true communist society. What western capitalists fought is the militaristic expansion of the Marxist ideology wielded as a tool by totalitarian governments to control their own people and attempt by force to control others. While most western governments are imperfect and constantly struggling to meet the needs of their people while also trying to be "fair", attempting to reach utopian society using violence and oppression could never result in true communism.

Even the most purely intentioned revolutions succumbed to totalitarian rule by dictators. In a true communist society their would be no elite rule over the people and fair distribution of resources to all regardless of education and popular status. That will never ever happen in the real world.

by your own words you have also shown that communism does not work, because, like you said, give an example of a situation where a group of people who were aiming at creating a communist nation actually succeeded at creating a prosperous communist nation.

It just hasn't ever worked. You can play the "what if" game until the cows come home, but it won't change the fact that communism has always ended in failure.

MarcoD
but it won't change the fact that communism has always ended in failure.

China?

China?

>china
>communist

come on. At best they are *nominally* a communist nation. Even then, I would only call them successful at a international level. The people in China are living horrible horrible lives. Compare situations in China to those of workers in the USA before the Great Depression.

I do not consider China to be successful.

MarcoD
>china
>communist

come on. At best they are *nominally* a communist nation. Even then, I would only call them successful at a international level. The people in China are living horrible horrible lives. Compare situations in China to those of workers in the USA before the Great Depression.

I do not consider China to be successful.

Yeah well. France is at best *nominally* a capitalist nation. And the Chinese experiment didn't end yet. I don't really think it makes a lot of sense to discuss these abstract concepts anyway. It's so twentieth century; I think we're passed that.

I can concede that pure capitalism is just as much and pipe dream as pure communism. I think as impure capitalist approach has had more successes than impure communism when the welfare of the people are concerned.

And don't think I'm supporting communism as I appreciate being awarded when I work hard.

Oh yeah, a thread having something to do with North Korea...

MarcoD
I can concede that pure capitalism is just as much and pipe dream as pure communism.

Yeah, that's what I feel too.

Poppycock.

How many times did North Korea "halt" their nuclear programs?

I lost count.

Once they get food aid to their banquets, they will resume nuclear activities.