Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not Able to install Sp6 for Vb6 on Windows 10

1. May 31, 2016 #1
    Hey guys, I've been trying to install the service pack 6 for visual basic 6 but my computer keeps on telling me it can't install it and that I have to search for a compatible version for my computer. I've tried the compatibility options available at the properties menu whenever I right click the .exe file but they just won't make it work. I've seen some other forums in which some people suggested changing some entries in the registry but honestly I'm not into that. Any other solution will be really really appreciated. Thank you folks! :)

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2016 #2
    If VB was installed before you did the upgrade to windows 10, one thing you could try is completely uninstalling visual studio/VB, then reinstalling it before adding the service pack.
    Make sure you have backed up any projects in progress though!

4. May 31, 2016 #3
    My pc already had windows 10 when I got it. I'm gonna try anyway though! Thanks mate!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted