Nuclear Fusion_New Method_Patent Pending
- Thread starter Joseph Chikva
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Nuclear
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 9K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Joseph Chikva
- 202
- 2
During the explanation when you talk about potencial well you told me about sizes.Drakkith said:Which ones?
To me is very difficult to explain you something. From one side my knowledge on Polywell is very limited, from another I should explain you what is e.g. the potential well cosists of.
I can not sorry.
I only catched that in Polywell are two groups of electrons interacting each other with different arranged velocities: nonzero and zero. So, conditions for two-stream instability.
Mentor
- 23,212
- 7,700
Joseph Chikva said:During the explanation when you talk about potencial well you told me about sizes.
To me is very difficult to explain you something. From one side my knowledge on Polywell is very limited, from another I should explain you what is e.g. the potential well cosists of.
I can not sorry.
I only catched that in Polywell are two groups of electrons interacting each other with different arranged velocities: nonzero and zero. So, conditions for two-stream instability.
Take a look at the article I linked above and the wikipedia article on the polywell. That explains it all. The article MIGHT be in another language other than english, so if english isn't your 1st language then maybe that will help. Sorry I can't explain it to you!
Joseph Chikva
- 202
- 2
You are right. Sorry for my bad English.
I will try to understand better Polywell and in case of your wish we can then return to its discussion. May be in another thread.
Good luck.
I will try to understand better Polywell and in case of your wish we can then return to its discussion. May be in another thread.
Good luck.
Joseph Chikva
- 202
- 2
Take a look at a link: http://www.fpgeneration.com/technology/index.htmlDrakkith said:Take a look at the article I linked above and the wikipedia article on the polywell. That explains it all. The article MIGHT be in another language other than english, so if english isn't your 1st language then maybe that will help. Sorry I can't explain it to you!
One of the major obstacles that limits the fusion output in IEC devices is the result of repulsive electrostatic forces arising from the ions themselves.
Last edited by a moderator:
Mentor
- 23,212
- 7,700
That should be changed to say: "One of the major obstacles that limits the fusion output of ALL devices is the result of repulsive electrostatic forces arising from the ions themselves"
Every design has to get around this repulsive force. That is the whole idea behind the reactor.
Every design has to get around this repulsive force. That is the whole idea behind the reactor.
Joseph Chikva
- 202
- 2
Sometimes people also try to get around physics laws. May be in Polywell's case too. I do not claim confidently but doubt that it's so.Drakkith said:Every design has to get around this repulsive force. That is the whole idea behind the reactor.
Similar threads
- Chiel555
- · Replies 1 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 1
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 5 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 5
- MartinG
- · Replies 19 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 19
- kyphysics
- · Replies 3 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 3
- ElliotSmith
- · Replies 35 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 35
- hdt21
- · Replies 4 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 4
- Josiah
- · Replies 14 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 14
- thewowsignal
- · Replies 8 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 8
- hotvette
- · Replies 42 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 42
- Methavix
- · Replies 10 ·
- Nuclear Engineering
- Replies
- 10