Obama's 30 minute message of hope and change

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Change
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Back in 2000 America stood tall as the undisputed superpower, at peace with a generally admiring world. The main argument was over what to do with the federal government’s huge budget surplus. Nobody foresaw the seismic events of the next eight years. When Americans go to the polls next week the mood will be very different. The United States is unhappy, divided and foundering both at home and abroad. Its self-belief and values are under attack...
http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displayStory.cfm?story_id=12516666&source=features_box1

Don't mind if I break out in song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pkkAhETYg
 
I just watched Obama's message again, on Youtube. It was very well-done, the production values were great and not over- produced or slick. I hope people who had to work last night or were sleeping because of a shift schedule, etc, will watch the spot on-line.

Bill Richardson's endorsement was heart-felt, and I hope Obama considers him very seriously for Secretary of State. We need an actual diplomat with some experience and a level head to try to undo some of the damage that Bush-Cheney-Rove have done to our foreign relations.

Edit: for people who have parents or grandparents that haven't made up their minds and might not have seen the spot, please invite them over to your place, and pull up the spot on Youtube. It could be a game-changer in some tight districts.
 
I watched Obama's infomercial twice and now I have rock-hard abs. It's magic! Suzanne Somers, eat your heart out.